Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Corvette Museum and GM Plant (in Kentucky)

April 13th - WOW! For anyone interested in Corvettes, this was a dream day to experience! To start, I went to the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky. While several of the pictures just show my Corvette outside the Museum, I was able to view a sample of every year of Corvette, since they began being made in 1953. In addition, there were dozens (if not hundreds) of other Corvettes that showed racing efforts and results; and special Corvettes that'd been made or donated. As I said, it was amazing. I wish I had more pictures, but I got so involved in looking and reading everything, that I forgot to take more pictures. I'm still in a dream state. - - - Then, if the Museum wasn't enough, I went to the GM plant (also in Bowling Green) and took a tour of how new Corvettes are built. I learned SO much! Here are a few pictures taken at the Museum. You'll note that there are none from the GM plant, since they don't allow photography. - - - You'll also note there is a definite reflection of my pride in America.
The left picture above shows the Museum entrance area. The right picture shows the first year Corvette (1953) on display.
After seeing the Corvette show in Panama City Beach, Florida (and seeing guitars displayed), I was intrigued by seeing so much more information about "Corvette" guitars. Amazing stories were associated with all the guitars on display at the Museum.
A 1963 split window is shown above.


No comments:

Post a Comment