Sunday, April 25, 2010

Baltimore Inner Harbor

April 25th - The following are pictures from Baltimore's Inner Harbor area. - - - The first 3 pictures were taken from our room in the Marriott, and the 4th shows part of the wonderful spread they had for their breakfast buffet. (The fresh fruit was awesome!) The stay at the Marriott started wonderfully as they were nice enough to give us a complimentary room upgrade...which meant we had a full harbor view (nice huh?!).


Please note the light blue colored pool in the middle of the first picture. My Sister (Kathleen) and I were both SO excited because we "thought" we could see the dolphins used in the shows at the Aquarium. However, as the 2nd picture shows, these were NOT the dolphins used...they were only part of an exibit, and they were made of metal.



The picture below shows the U.S. Constellation. While a beautiful ship and loaded with history, it also reminded me of a visit I had a number of years ago and my buddy (Jason), and the tour we took of the whole ship.

As pretty typical, entertainers come to this area of the harbor and perform. These guys were awesome and I believe were called "Perfect Harmony."
This next picture includes a star rating. Nadia, who worked at the "La Tasca" restaurant, was our server on Saturday night. She gets a 5-star rating for being the best, nicest, friendliest, and personable server we had during our entire stay in Baltimore. When we talked about where we were from, and that I was on this roadtrip, she talked about an old car her GrandMother had from Germany. After talking for awhile, and after enjoying all the food, I asked her if she'd like to be on my blog. Her answer was obvious and she got a 5 out of 5 possible stars for being awesome!

I apologize for the 1st picture below being so hazy but my Blackberry just didn't have enough flash to light up the area. However, you can see that Kathleen was busy getting into trouble as she tried to light the fuse to fire the canon. - - - The 2nd picture had me all excited as I thought I'd spotted a cast member from the "Blue Man Group." Turns out it was Kathleen just trying to dodge a few raindrops. (Sorry for the attempt at humor...but we thought it was funny!)

Our ride in a Water Taxi.
Have to tell a little story of coincidence. Just as I was taking the pictures below, the breeze stopped and we could hear the music playing from the "Hard Rock Cafe" outside bar. The song was "Me and My Red Corvette." I swear it's true.

"Ruth Chris Steakhouse"

No comments:

Post a Comment