Monday, May 24, 2010

Scenery in Michigan

May 20th - While I had to swear not to provide the "exact" location of our travels (to not facilitate too many people moving to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan), my Brother-in-Law (Ralph) and I took the Corvette on a small road trip along Lake Superior. In addition to seeing the waterfall shown in the 2nd picture, and including a video of the sound, we headed North to Lake Superior, then into the Porcupine Mountain area.


While I've had the pleasure of enjoying the beauty of Lake Superior in the past, this day was particularly clear, with no wind, which made everything extra spectacular. These first few pictures show some of the amazing scenery as we drove along the lake.


Now comes a slight twist to the beauty. In addition to there being a well-known story about the "Paulding Light" near our cabin, once we arrived at Lake of the Clouds, we too experienced something out of the ordinary. If you look in the sky, over my left shoulder, you'll notice a white streak in the sky. While neither Ralph nor I noticed it during our time at the lake, it was immediately obvious when I downloaded the pictures. While I (at first) thought there must be something on the camera lense, all subsequent pictures taken (including the one of Ralph in the same location) had no such image. Sort of spooky...and I welcome any thoughts or stories about other strange stories ever heard about the area.




No comments:

Post a Comment