Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Party at the Cabin

May 20th - After taking our day trip to the Porcupine Mountains, Ralph had invited some friends over for a dinner party. Chef Ralph prepared another wonderful meal, then the "dinner party" quickly turned into a VERY fun drinking and socializing party! - - - FUN PEOPLE!!!! - - - - - - After having dinner, the party quickly moved to the kitchen. In the first picture, shown from left to right, are me, Tom, Jane, Julie and Jason. In the 2nd picture (with the Vette), the people are the same...except Ralph is to the far right.

As evidenced in the next few pictures, Jane and Julie were able to set aside their shyness and posed for a couple additional blog shots. (Were they having fun or what?!!!!)


Here's a little more detail about the group. - - - In addition to everyone owning or riding motorcycles, Tom works as a realtor in the area. So, if anyone is ever interested in buying land; a hunting/fishing camp; or a home in the U.P. of Michigan, Tom will make sure you see exactly what you're looking for. - - - Jane works with the Ford dealership in the town of Bruce Crossing. She not only keeps everyone in line, she's one of the best I've ever seen at the 3 penny - 2 quarter coin game (that is often associated with drinking). (If you're not sure how the game works, let me know and I'll explain it.) - - - Jason and Julie own a convenience store in the town of Paulding. They have a nice variety of food; fishing supplies; and beverages. Julie is also a teacher. While she had lots of interesting stories to tell, she also told about an amazing accomplishment of her being selected as the "Teacher of the Year" for the state of Michigan. WOW! (The 2 pictures below were taken as I was leaving Michigan for Indiana.)

Oh yeah...one other item of interest was that Tom used to be a baseball pitcher in college. The reason I bring that up is because when I was answering questions about where the rest of my trip would be taking me, I mentioned Omaha, Nebraska. The words no more got out of my mouth and his face immediately lit up. There was a slight pause, then he stated/asked: "Don't tell me you're going to the College World Series!?" - - - Well, since that certainly is part of the reason I'm going to Omaha, much of the conversation turned to World Series talk. As it turns out, at least 2 or 3 years ago (maybe more), Tom and his team were close to going to Omaha for the World Series, but lost in the Super Regionals. For non baseball fans, that means his team was one step away from being in the World Series. - - - Tom has since been invited to show up in Omaha and go to a couple games with me. - - - Tom?! Let me know when you're coming.

The picture above shows a few of the varieties of beverages enjoyed during the party. - - - As one might imagine, it was VERY difficult for Ralph and I to get out of bed the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment